27th SGIFF: SG Originals | Elevating Your Story Through Sound Design
ELEVATING YOUR STORY THROUGH SOUND DESIGN
CO-ORGANISED WITH MOCHA CHAI LABORATORIES
27 NOV 2016, SUN / 1.00PM / 60MIN
IMPORTANT TICKETING INFORMATION BELOW
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
Lim Ting Li is a sound designer, re-recording mixer and foley artist. She has worked on several award-winning films including Boo Junfeng's Apprentice, which premiered at the Cannes Film Festival’s Un Certain Regard in May 2016. Lim has won many awards herself, such as the Best Soundtrack award at the 1st Singapore Short Film Awards (2009), the Best Sound Designer award at the Underwire Festival (2013) and the Verna Fields Award in Sound Editing at the MPSE Golden Reel Awards (2014).
Joe Ng has found a niche as one of Singapore’s foremost film and television music composer. Ng has scored all of director Kelvin Tong’s films, including Eating Air (1999), The Maid (2005) and It's A Great Great World (2011). He has also worked on arthouse films like Gone Shopping (2007) and Sex.Violence.FamilyValues (2012), as well as action-thrillers like Battle Of The Damned (2013), and Bait (2012), which went on to become the biggest box office international film in China when it was released.
Teo Wei Yong is a media composer and sound designer. Aside from local art films, he also scored two National Geographic feature documentaries, which took Silver and Bronze awards at the New York Festival’s Film & Television Awards. He has recorded ADR and sound effects for Anthony Chen’s Ilo Ilo, which won the Camera D’or at the Cannes Film Festival and Best Feature Film at Taipei’s Golden Horse Awards. Recently, he composed the score for his first primetime drama television series, Verdict, on MediaCorp’s Channel 5.
ABOUT MOCHA CHAI LABORATORIES
Mocha Chai Laboratories is Singapore’s first digital film lab that offers a full range of digital cinema services for filmmakers, exhibitors, distributors and producers, locally and internationally. The lab has handled local and international projects, such as The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1, A Walk Among the Tombstones, Jobs, Ah Boys to Men I & II, and is currently serving cinemas for Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and other parts of Asia.
• A fully refundable fee of $5 will be charged for each ticket booking. Register and turn up for the event. If you turn up, the booking fee will be refunded by Peatix electronically, otherwise, it will be forfeited.
• Seats are issued on a first-come-first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
• Registration will close on 26 Nov 2016, 6pm. Any cancellations must be made before the ticket cut-off date and time, otherwise your registration will be locked-in.
• The refund will be handled by the credit card company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund process be done after the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice.
Note: Peatix are unable to look up cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
LINKS TO OTHER MASTERCLASSES:
- ANURAG KASHYAP
- DARREN ARONOFSKY
- FRUIT CHAN
- DARREN ARONOFSKY
- HERMAN YAU
- NAOMI KAWASE
- TRAN ANH HUNG
LINKS TO OTHER TALKS:
- CINEMA LEGEND: SIMON YAM
- THE ROAD TO MANDALAY
- MUTATING MYTHOLOGIES - HYBRID CINEMA OF LATIN AMERICA
- ACTORS UNSCRIPTED WITH JACK NEO
- DEVELOPING SCREENPLAYS IN SINGAPORE
- EXPLORING VR360 IN SHORT FILMS
- FUTURE OF CINEMA FORUM
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM SGT
Free Seating (Refundable) $5.00
On sale until Nov 26, 2016, 6:00:00 PM
- Venue Address
- *SCAPE Gallery (Level 5), 2 Orchard Link, Singapore 237978 Singapore